Thursday, October 27, 2022

Greek Witness Post on Ozgrow

 A blast from the past finding this old post on Ozgrow, 11 years after posting it.

June 28, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »

About 4 or 5 years ago my neighbour gave me some tomato seeds of a huge red tomato that he had given to him by a "befriended" Jehovah Witness, who's wife is of Greek nationality. She had bought these seeds here from Greece some time ago and has saved the seed each year by letting a tomato rot and dry. Now these seeds never did look very fertile going on the colour they turned out after soaking and drying, but they surprised me and did grow. I sold the seedlings I grew at my plant sale and never grew one here, and I have no idea what they look like, fruit wise. For a working name, Raymondo suggested I call them Greek Witness, which I did, hence the name.

I think I will try again and grow one in the garden this season.

 

No comments: